You can contact us on +44(0)1772 851950
What is the phone number?
What are your opening hours?
Our office is open Monday – Friday 07:00 – 19:00, Saturday 07:00 – 15:00 and Sunday 08:00 – 16:00. Outside of these hours you can leave us a voicemail and we will call you back.
How steep are the stairs? How many stairs are there?
Depending on where you end up on the ship there are either two or three flights of approx 15 steps each. However, if you arrive at the port early you will be placed on the top deck of the ship close to the entrance where there is just 1 step into the passenger accommodation.
If you wish to see how steep the steps are you can look at the photo gallery on the website.
What happens if I need to change my booking?
Bookings can be amended free of charge; the difference will be due if changing to a more expensive sailing.
What happens if I want to cancel my booking?
Bookings cancelled more than 2 weeks before sailing will be entitled to a full refund, minus a £15/€20 administration fee per vehicle, per crossing.
Bookings cancelled less than 2 weeks before sailing will be entitled to a 50% refund.
What if I don’t turn up?
Vehicles booked to travel which are not cancelled and do not arrive shall not be eligible for a refund.
What time do I need to be at port for?
You need to be there at least a minimum of 1 hour before sailing. However, the ports are tidal so there might be some slight changes to the departure time. We will contact you 2-3 days before to clarify. Or you can check www.seatruckferries.com. If you arrive less than an hour before departure we can’t guarantee that you will be placed on the top deck and may have to negotiate steep staircases to the passenger accommodations.
Can I take a caravan?
Unfortunately we are unable to accept vehicles towing caravans. We are unable to load them on the ship.
Can I take pets?
Unfortunately we are unable to take pets onboard the ferries.
Can children travel?
Unfortunately we are legally unable to carry any passengers under the age of 12. This includes babies.
Can I stay in my vehicle whilst at sea?
Unfortunately you are not legally allowed to remain in your vehicle whilst onboard the ship. This applies even if the vehicle is designed for sleeping in (e.g. a motorhome).
What information do I need to provide?
We need the full names, dates of birth and passport numbers for all passengers in order to comply with EU legislation. We also need the address and email address of the lead passenger.
How do I get to the ports?
What are the facilities at port?
Facilities at all the ports are limited, however toilets and a waiting room with comfortable seating and self service vending machines are available.
What reference do I need to quote / will I get a booking reference?
Yes, we will email you through a booking reference. You can just quote this when you arrive at port. These will start with 3 letters – either LIV, HEY or DUB.
What’s the difference between a passenger ship and a freight ship?
Seatruck Ferries offer freight ships, rather than conventional passenger ships. Freight ships only accept a maximum number of 12 people per crossing (excluding crew). This means there are much more limited onboard facilities, but the crew are friendly and helpful.
On a freight ship you will get a cabin (one or two berth), a lounge area with couches and TV, and a dining room. There are no bars or cinemas or shops on board, but you do get complimentary drinks and your meals are cooked to order.
Do I need a passport?
For travel within and between the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland a passport is not required and you do only need photo ID. However, we do ask for passport details for passengers travelling although this isn’t mandatory.
Can I smoke on board?
There is a dedicated outside smoking area on the ships. No smoking is permitted within the passenger areas.
What’s included in my cabin?
- On the Liverpool <> Dublin ferry route, there are a mix of one bed cabins and shared cabins with two berths (divided by a privacy curtain). Both cabin types have a toilet and shower cubicle.
- On the Heysham <> Dublin ferry route, each cabin has one bed, a toilet and shower cubicle. View photo
- On the Heysham <> Warrenpoint ferry route, each cabin has two berths (divided by a privacy curtain) and a toilet and shower cubicle. View photo
- All bedding is provided on all routes and there are cupboards and hooks for keeping any essentials tidy.
Do you take foot passengers?
No. Unfortunately we do not have the facilities to carry passengers arriving on foot.
Can I take firearms on board the ferry?
Yes firearms are allowed, however...
- Firearms MUST remain in the vehicle and the vehicle MUST be locked when unattended
- The owner MUST have a valid firearms / shotgun certificate / Registered Firearms Dealer certificate
- NO ammunition of any kind must travel with the vehicle
- Firearms MUST be declared at the time of booking
- Seatruck reserves the right to inspect the certificate and firearms, and notify the local relevant authorities
When is Seatruck open over Christmas & New Year 2018?
The Seatruck customer service office will be open on the following days over the Christmas period -
- Saturday 22-Dec : Open 09:00 - 17:00
- Sunday 23-Dec : CLOSED
- Monday 24-Dec : CLOSED
- Tuesday 25-Dec : CLOSED
- Wednesday 26-Dec : CLOSED
- Thursday 27-Dec : Open 08:00 - 18:00
- Friday 28-Dec : Open 08:00 - 18:00
- Saturday 29-Dec : CLOSED
- Sunday 30-Dec : CLOSED
- Monday 31-Dec : Open 08:00 - 18:00
- Tuesday 01-Jan : CLOSED
*All times are GMT